Project Sales Manager
At Dematic, we deliver solutions to our customers that help optimise their supply chain, improve performance and optimise productivity.
We are Dematic, one of the world’s largest materials handling systems supplier. We have been delivering and developing our technology for 200 years. It’s our people and our technology that have helped to transform this industry, and we are continuing to grow faster than ever. New technology is shifting the way our customers think about automation and intralogistics. The 4th industrial revolution is upon us, and we are now seeing the introduction of new technology like robotics, new software and analytics to help drive efficiency.
At Dematic, we deliver solutions to our customers that help optimise their supply chain, improve performance and optimise productivity. Every day our automated and software technology solutions help to deliver 18.5 billion parcels worldwide every day. Warehouses and distributions centres are at the heart of the supply chain, which is our space. Our role is to find the most efficient way of getting goods from the start of their journey through to their exit and shipping off to consumers meeting their expectations and demands in a fast moving world.
This role is an exciting opportunity for you to join the team at Dematic helping to define and shape the future of materials handling solutions covering the UK region.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Identify and secure MHE projects within Dematic’s core competency within the Northern European Market specifically Denmark Sweden and the Nordics
- Own the opportunity from lead identification through proposal submission and final negotiation with the client
- Ensure that all proposals are developed and submitted in line with the Dematic NE Business Winning process
- Support other sales managers with their leads in advisory and \ or subject matter expert capacities
Principal role responsibilities are to:
- Present the company to customers in line with the company image i.e. competence, application experience, high quality products and excellent customer care
- Build targeted pipeline of opportunities aligned to business strategy
- Establish contact with new customers to build long term relationships
- Implement a successful win/bid strategy for each project opportunity
- Maintain and develop existing customer base, ensuring regular stakeholder engagement, maximising future opportunities
- Maintain/improve win rate target
- Submit win/loss analysis for every opportunity
- Fully utilise company’s CRM tool in line with best practice
- Collaborative approach involving close interaction with the business development and marketing teams throughout sales lifecycle
- Monitor the materials handling market, i.e. customers, suppliers and competitors. Maintain levels of product and application know how on the Dematic product range
- Comply with Company Policies including Safety and Quality Assurance
What We Are Looking For
To apply for this role you should have / evidence:
- Experience of strategic relationship selling of complex capital projects
- Presenting to customers of different levels (e.g. Operational, Engineers, Buyers and CEO’s/CFO’s)
- Understanding of the principles of contract structures and negotiations
- Knowledge of customer buying behaviours and drivers
- Situational awareness and sensitivity
- Valid driving licence
- Knowledge of the materials handling market and its trends
- Degree qualified in a related discipline
- Experience of strategic selling methodologies eg Miller Heiman, Shipley