Ocean Freight Forwarder with an entrepreneurial mindset
- join our Aid, Development & Projects Team in Taastrup. Is it in your DNA to always provide that little extra and do you want to become part of a global group that has shown good success on the international stage in transport and logistics solutions? Then this may be the right job for you! We are looking for new dedicated colleagues to join our Aid Development & Projects, Ocean Freight Team in Taastrup.
At Scan Global Logistics, every person is an opportunity to unlock potential. We are a Nordic based full-service global logistics provider present on all continents.
By bringing a human approach to everyone, everywhere, we make the world a little less complicated. At the core of our DNA is a ‘can-do-attitude’ and the willingness to always walk the extra mile to find the right logistic solution whether by road, rail, ocean or air transport. Our culture is based on four basic virtues: Fun, respect, entrepreneurship and integrity.
What can you expect?
The right person can expect an interesting and developing position in a fast growing and constant changing department and in a high-paced international environment with good working conditions.
The team you will be joining is well-functioning and cooperation and professional sparring is a priority for everyone. You will be responsible for the full transport process from start to finish. You will be an important part of our team providing transport solutions to the Aid, Development and Relief community. We provide all kinds of logistics and supply chain solutions door-to-door. We handle shipment of all natures and sizes and we monitor 24/7 to make sure our consignments safely reaches its final destination.
- Planning cross trade shipments
- Preparation, control and distribution of all required documents to counterparts (e.g. carrier, consignee, supplier)
- Being responsible for customer service and follow-up on shipment status, identify incidents
- Consolidation of individual consignments and arrangement of prompt collection/delivery of consignments to and/or from specified destination
- Preparation of price quotations
- Registration and approval of supplier invoices and transport documents
- Ensuring compliance of KPI’s and targets according to defined KPI’s
- Ongoing implementation of new customers, suppliers and procedures
What do we expect?
As this is an excellent opportunity to join a major player in the logistics industry, we expect that you can identify yourself with our key DNA-words and values and work according to these. You must understand the importance of complying with our company mentality, procedures, rules and regulations and you can fulfill the below mentioned requirements where you:
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience from the industry
- Speak and write Danish and English fluently (business negotiation level)
- Have a hands-on approach to freight forwarding
- Are well organized when working under pressure
- Can adapt to changing circumstances
- Focus on finding solutions instead of seeing limitations
- Are a team player and have good interpersonal skills
What do we offer?
We offer an interesting position in a highly skilled and professional team. We have good working spirit and positive mentality and at Scan Global Logistics we also go the extra mile when it comes to our staff, so we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- A unique position to provide transport solutions to developing countries as well as regions hit by natural disasters or instability
- On-going training and education
- Attractive employment benefits
At Scan Global Logistics we work to promote a culture where "Fun, Integrity, Respect and Entrepreneurship" are the DNA-defining core values of our company. We work according to these values and they are all parts of our professional life. The whole company breathes out this mentality and it shines through in the way we communicate with both customers and colleagues.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident in applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the role, please contact Anders Kaare, Head of Department Charter & Relief, Ocean
Phone +4526862731 or visit www.scangl.com.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible. We will review applications continuously and we will conclude our search when the right candidate has been found.