Mechanical Site Installation Supervisor
The Site Supervisor is the first point of contact and escalation for subcontractors working on behalf of Dematic and it is their responsibility to ensure that appropriate and optimal site conditions are established; facilitating right first time zero defects installation at the required rate of installation as agreed in the detailed weekly work plan and the six week installation schedule.
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
The Site Supervisor’s primary function is to organize and accurately report on the safe and efficient execution of that part of the installation scope (at the point of work) for which it is their responsibility as directed by the Site Manager. The Site Supervisor is the first point of contact and escalation for subcontractors working on behalf of Dematic and it is their responsibility to ensure that appropriate and optimal site conditions are established; facilitating right first time zero defects installation at the required rate of installation as agreed in the detailed weekly work plan and the six week installation schedule.
- Champions pre-start T- related engagement with subcontractor to confirm status of readiness suitable for a successful start on site
- Contributes proactively in collaboration with the Site Manager drafting the Site Installation Plan
- Contributes proactively and supports the generation of the Logistics Plan
- Contributes positively to the Installation Phase Plan and “time slices” for project/s to which assigned
- Acts as a positive role model for site safety, a One Dematic safety culture, and right first-time installation
- Undertake duties according to Dematic’s installation process
- Drives safety & quality compliance on site throughout delivery lifecycle
- Undertakes hazard and near miss reporting and identifies control measures
- Relentlessly strives on each project to achieve zero LTI’s and RIDDORs on site
- Adheres to site safety processes, stays informed of updates and remains aligned with directives from EHS Team & PMO
- Educates subcontractor team in developing safety knowledge and hazard perception and encouraging the site team to engage in positive safety conversations and capturing the details of them by way of Behavioral based safety observations.
- Works according to the agreed sequence and project schedule
- Reviews internal and external relevant site documentation, identifying non-conformances
What We Are Looking For
To be successful in this highly business crtitical role you will have a proven track record of site supervision / site management (ideally) within a warehousing environment.
Coupled with this you will have :
Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position at a supervisory level
Must be used to working with sub-contractors
Must have the ability to man manage
Educated to City & Guilds or Denmark equivalent in a mechanical discipline
Highly skilled with Microsoft Office
Ability to communicate at all levels, including English
Evidence of occupational health & safethy training such as IOSH Certificate or Denmark equivalent
Ability to work at height
MEWP’s Certificate (desirable)
First Aid Certificate (desirable)
Fork Lift Truck License (desirable)
Knowledge of current Danish construction, design and management legislation
Conversant with current European Machinery Directive
SSTS (Site Supervisor Training Scheme) or Denmark equivalent
Please note due to the nature of the role and locations of the warehouses substantial travel and over night stays are required